Adobe Photoshop Training Courses
Photoshop: Level 1
Adobe Photoshop : Part 1 focuses on some of the basic features of Photoshop so that the student can navigate the environment and use Photoshop tools to work with photographic images. In addition, the orientation to Adobe Bridge and organization of files in Bridge is covered. Although Photoshop is used by a variety of professionals, from photographers to designers to videographers, Photoshop Part 1 will focus mainly on the photography component. The illustration and animation techniques are covered in subsequent levels of Photoshop.
Target students include professional or amateur photographers who want to use the robust features of Photoshop to enhance, modify, and organize their photographs, and anyone interested in working toward the Adobe Visual Communications using Photoshop certification.
In this course, you will navigate the Photoshop workspace, identify, and use Photoshop tools to enhance photographic images, and organize files in Adobe Bridge.
- Identify the basic components of the Photoshop workspace and Adobe Bridge.
- Define image size, resolution, and color modes.
- Work with selection tool and layers.
- Make image enhancements and adjustments.
- Open and modify an image in Camera Raw.
- Prepare images for print and web.
To ensure your success in your course, you should have a basic comfort level with digital photography. For example, you have used a digital camera and have downloaded images to your computer or other storage device.
You should also have basic computer skills and understand how to launch an application, browse to locate and open files, and can navigate to on-screen elements using a mouse or other navigational devices. You can obtain this level of skills and knowledge by taking the course Introduction to Personal Computers Using Windows 7.
Lesson 1: Getting Started with Photoshop
- Introduction to Photoshop
- Adobe Bridge and Mini Bridge
- Navigate the Photoshop Workspace
- Customize the Photoshop Workspace
Lesson 2: Beginning with Image Basics
- Manage Image Elements and Formats
- Working with Digital Devices
Lesson 3: Managing Selections and Layers
- Use Selection Tools
- Manage Layers
Lesson 4: Making Image Adjustments
- Crop, Move, and Straighten Images
- Image Repairs
Lesson 5: Refining Images
- Layer Adjustments
- Introduction to Camera Raw
Lesson 6: Saving Images for Web and Print
- Save Images for the Web
- Save Images for Print
Photoshop: Level 2
Photoshop is a leading graphic creation application, popular among graphic designers, illustrators, and photographers. Photoshop’s numerous features work together to provide a comprehensive toolset for you, the design professional. This course delves into some of the more advanced image creation and editing techniques, and offers you hands-on activities that demonstrate how these techniques can be used in combination to create exciting visual effects.
This course targets professional or amateur graphic designers and illustrators who want to use the robust features of Photoshop to create visual media. In addition, anyone interested in working toward the Adobe Visual Communications using Photoshop certification will find this course helpful.
In this course, you will identify and use raster and vector drawing and painting tools to create and edit images. You will also apply masks to hide and show image layers, filters to create special effects, and layer styles to create layer effects. You will utilize smart objects, layer comps, actions, and batch processing to streamline workflow. You will create and edit video, and animate graphics in your videos.
- Draw images by using raster tools such as brushes, stamps, erasers, and gradients.
- Create visuals by using vector tools such as the pen, shape, and type tools.
- Create special effects and streamline workflow by using advanced layer tools such as masks, filters, layer styles, smart objects, and layer comps.
- Streamline your workflow with actions and batch processing.
- Create videos and animate graphics within your videos.
To ensure your success in this course, you should have experience with the following tasks:
- Identify the basic components of Adobe Bridge and the Photoshop workspace.
- Define image size and resolution.
- Add and modify Photoshop layers.
- Use tools to select, crop, and move images.
- Work with image adjustment properties to correct and retouch photographic images.
- Open and modify an image in Camera Raw.
- Prepare images for print and web
Lesson 1: Creating Raster Images
- Draw with Brushes
- Create Gradients
- Use Tool Presets
Lesson 2: Working with Vector Image Tools
- Create Images with Vector Paths
- Use the Shape Drawing Tools
- Work with Type
- Type Special Effects
Lesson 3: Using Advanced Layer Techniques
- Modify Images with Masks
- Use Filters to Apply Special Effects
- Apply Special Effects to Layers
- Use Smart Objects for Nondestructive Editing
- Utilize Layer Comps
Lesson 4: Automating Tasks
- Create and Use Actions
- Batch Process Files with Photoshop and Adobe Bridge
Lesson 5: Creating and Editing Video
- Edit Video
- Add Graphics, Titling, and Animations to Video