Giving and Receiving Performance Feedback
Feedback is essential for employee growth and improvement within an organization. However, most feedback is seen negatively as it is often only provided as a form of correction. This course is designed to help workplace leaders learn how to feedback in an encouraging manner so that it is effective and has a positive impact on the recipient.
Part One: Defining Feedback
- What is Feedback?
- Why is Feedback Essential?
- Different Types of Feedback
Part Two: Speaking Clearly
- Getting People to Hear What You Are Saying
- Using the Right Words
- Techniques on Staying Neutral
Part Three: Communication Strategies
- Questioning Techniques
- Probing Tools
- Managing Non-Verbal Messages
Part Four: Characteristics of Effective Feedback
- Six Characteristics of Effective Feedback
- Monitoring Delegation
Part Five: Offering Feedback
- The Ingredients of Good Feedback
- Framework for Formal and Informal Feedback Discussions
Part Six: Receiving Feedback Graciously
- Setting an Example
- Receiving Feedback in a Gracious Manner